My name is Kathy. I’m the Little Cheesehead on the Prairie.
I’m a freelance writer, blogger, die-hard Packers fan, closet nerd girl, mother, grandmother, music nerd, nature girl and all kinds of other things. I’m a regular contributor to Plains Magazine. I’ve also had work published in eFiction Magazine. I’m also working on a novel and a memoir. Yeah, I’ve had an interesting life.
I was born in Kaukauna, Wisconsin, grew up in New London, Wisconsin, where I graduated from high school in 1988. I spent time living near Clintonville, WI and Neenah, WI. I currently live in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. South Dakota is big. It’s wide open. Most of the summer tourists pass through Sioux Falls or spend the night before they head to parts further west. My favorite part of South Dakota is the Badlands. Second favorite is the Black Hills. I live East River out of practicality. If money were no object, I’d hightail it West River.
I’m married to The Alpha Nerd, my husband Dan, who is the creator and Keeper of the . He’s a budding broadcaster and he also likes to make things. We share a mutual like of Doctor Who, Mystery Science Theater 3000 and bad movies. He tolerates my love of the NFL and the Green Bay Packers and I tolerate his LARPing. We are kind of opposite, but yet our relationship works.
I’m also obsessed with Pinterest. I’m not collecting 5234865 ways to decorate Mason jars. My Pinterest obsessions are weird and disturbing things and nasty looking mid-20th Century food.
My Packer obsession has been from birth. I’m one of those older fans who remember, not the Lombardi Era, but the Dark Days of the 70s and 80s. In my day, the Packers were not very good, but we still liked them. And much like the old fart I am becoming, I think a lot of Packers fans are spoiled and they take this recent run of success for granted.
And now, some fun facts about me.
- Gerald R. Ford, the 38th President of the United States, is my 6th cousin, twice removed. I discovered this during my free trial on Ancestry.com.
- I can French braid my own hair.
- I’ve won enough stuff from Green Bay Packer’s tight end Tom Crabtree’s internet show, Clubhouse Live, I can build a shrine to him. I’m not actually going to do this, but if I wanted to, I could. I’m good at trivia, so sue me.
- Simon LeBon of Duran Duran once replied to me on Twitter. My inner fourteen year old girl almost wet herself.
- I like Twitter more than I like Facebook.
- When I tweet during Packers games, I always gain more followers.
Watch this space, there is more to come.