Well, it’s been awhile since I did a Listicle or two. Actually a long while. Been busy with an editing job and I had some personal matters to attend to, but I’m back and I’m ready to tackle another List of Ten before I head back to Wisconsin to visit relatives, watch Packers practice and go to my *a-hem* 25th high school reunion.
This week’s topic is The Impractical. So here is my list of ten things I find to be impractical. Next week’s topic is 10 Ridiculous Things I Saw Online. I think that one is tailor-made for me! I have a Pinterest board or two just for that kind of thing!
1. 98% of all the manicures shown on Pinterest. To quote the meme, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”
2. 98% of all the hairstyles on Pinterest. It seems that most of them either don’t come with instructions or it takes five hands to create them. In spite of this, I still pin them.
3. “Tablescapes”-While it’s a good idea to make your table look nice when having people over for dinner, some people just take it too far. First of all, it’s too much work. Second, the table setting shouldn’t distract people from the actual food.
4. Zoomies. Because real binoculars are soooooooooooooo harrrrrrd!
5. Sauna Pants. If I have to dress like the Michelin Man and suffer a bad case of swamp ass to lose weight, I’d rather be fat.
6. Health Insurance Coverage for Psychiatric Services- My insurance doesn’t cover a medication that I was taking and worked because “it cost too much”. So because of that, I had to stop taking that medication and take a cocktail of four meds that didn’t work as well (which cost as much together as the one they wouldn’t cover), plus there are the therapy visits, not to mention my one week stay in the hospital and the four week intensive outpatient program I was in. They’ll pay for all of that, but not one medication that I knew worked.
7. White bathing suits. This one is self-explanatory.
8. 99% of the wedding pins on Pinterest.
9. Roundabouts on freeway exits. They are just confusing, especially when you are not used to them because you live in a state that doesn’t have them. I know that roundabouts save money and keep traffic moving. Leave them to regular intersections where they are less confusing and dangerous.
10. Heels higher than 3 inches. I’m convinced that they were invented by someone who hates women because while, at least according to my husband, they make my legs look nice, they are impossible to walk in and make my feet hurt like hell.