Happy Monday everyone!
Well, I was going to do the topic at hand for this week’s edition of Monday Listicles. Really. I was. I even had a post started and some pictures taken of things in my closet. But then two things happened:
My husband went to bed early, because he gets up at 4:00 am for work, and I didn’t want to bother him while trying to snap pictures of things in our closet. But that’s not the reason why I’m not sticking with the topic.
Yesterday, this happened:
It’s about how, for the next two weeks, we will be inundated with a barrage of bad puns involving the Harbaugh brothers, Jim and John, and their last name.
So for this week’s listicles, I give you 10 things that will make the two weeks leading up to Super Bowl XLVII unbearable.
1. Even Obama’s empty chair can’t resist the allure of dropping a bad pun. I hope Clint Eastwood had nothing to do with this.
I’m very excited for the #harbauguration.
— Invisible Obama (@InvisibleObama) January 21, 2013
2. Then there’s the “oh, their brothers” storyline.
ERMAGERD THEY’RE BROTHERS WHAT A COMPELLING STORYLINE WE’VE NEVER HEARD ENOUGH OF
— Chris Kluwe (@ChrisWarcraft) January 21, 2013
3. There’s also the Ray Lewis Farewell Tour Extravaganza. I have a sneaking suspicion that this may get buried in the avalanche of bad Harbaugh puns and the “they’re brothers!” storyline.
4. I wonder if the
Mercedes-Benz Louisiana Superdome can withstand the force an eruption from Mount McHissyFit. I hear molten spittle can do a lot of damage.
By the way, there is really a Browntown, Wisconsin.
5. In non-Harbaugh/brother/Ray-Ray related items, we’ll be subjected to two more weeks of that Mercedes-Benz/Rolling Stones Sympathy for the Devil teaser commercial. It ran ad nauseum during both games on Sunday and I’m already tired of trying to guess what the surprise is. All I know is that whoever decides how often commercials air on TV, better temper how often this teaser ad airs in the next two weeks before Madison Avenue ruins yet another song I like.
6. I heard that the pre-game festivities begin tomorrow morning at 10 am sharp, as to not interfere with the Inauguration.
7. Maybe it’s just me, but the thought of more CBS Ass-Cam® shots is not very appealing.
8. To be honest, I was hoping for a Packers-Broncos Super Bowl. My bitterness over not having this taints any enjoyment I could take from what Super Bowl we ended up with. Okay, I’m not that bitter, but I think the Rodgers-Manning Battle of the MVP’s storyline is waaaaay better than Bad Pun-a-palooza.
9. One saving grace: I don’t have cable tv. No NFL Network. No ESPN or it’s 428 spin-off channels.
10. When all is said and done, I hope that the older Harbaugh, the one that didn’t play for the Chicago Bears, the calmer one, John and the Ravens win the Super Bowl. And if this happens, then I hope that John Harbaugh does what many older brothers do: He gives Jim a wedgie, noogie and a wet willie. Then he wrestles him to the ground, sits on his head and rips one of the loudest, nastiest farts ever, while referring to him with various slang terms for the scrotum.
After all, isn’t that what big brothers are for?