Ten Things I Want to Happen Before the End of the World
Inspired by today’s episode of the D-List on 540 ESPN Wisconsin.
If the Mayans are right, the world is about to end. But if it has to end, here are ten things I want to happen before it does. I realize that a lot of these items can’t possibly happen out of practicality because today is December 19 and the end is supposed to be on the 21st. It’s my fantasy and I’m sticking with it.
1. I want tickets to a Packer home game. I have been at Lambeau, inside Lambeau, walked through the tunnel and onto the actual “tundra” (although it wasn’t frozen), sat in the stands and froze my butt off at the victory party after Super Bowl XLV. I have yet to attend a game. This must be fixed.
2. I want people to learn how to respect each others differences and stop putting down, persecuting, discriminating, hating and generally being major asshats towards other people. I want everyone in the world to finally learn the meaning of the words “treat others the way you want others to treat you”.
3. I want to win the lottery, buy a house in the Black Hills, set up college funds for my two granddaughters, set up a trust for my son and his girlfriend, take a very long vacation, buy an RV and go motoring around the country.
4. The Milwaukee Brewers win a World Series
5. Wisconsin Badgers win a BCS title.
6. Become a published author of a novel.
7. Invent the technology to teleport so I can go back and visit my family in Wisconsin whenever I want without having to spend all that money for gas and spend 8 hours in the car. The ride there isn’t so bad. It’s the ride back that gets tedious, especially when the only exciting things to see in southwestern Minnesota are the Jolly Green Giant statue in Blue Earth and the highway signs telling you how many more miles it is to Sioux Falls.
8. Meet all of the Green Bay Packers and just hang out with them. While doing this, I would have a contest to see who has better hair me or Clay Matthews. (I think mine is longer and it’s red).
9. Move time and space so I can attend a Throw Back Weekend before the end happens.
10. And not to end on a downer, I want an end to poverty, sickness and our other ills. I want people to start looking at things pro-actively instead of always reacting.